Recommendations on extension flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations for flooring in my 24msq extension. It going to be a living and dining room and has direct access to outside. Ideally the floor needs to be water resistant and easy to clean.

I have a liquid screed floor so its pretty level and there is wet underfloor heating installed. The extension is North facing so shouldn't get too much direct sunlight...

Has anyone used evocore click LVT? Apparently supports UFH temps of 38 degrees (I'm not sure how hot I need it?)

I'm also considering Karndean looselay, but have heard this can have gaps when the temp changes?

Or maybe quickstep click LVT?

Anything else or brands I should be considering?

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
UFH will probably be better with tile or stone. As they are good convectors of heat.

I have wet UFH with limestone, was going for solid wood, but the potential problems put me off.

I too had a liquid screed.

Thanks, Tiling is something I didn't really fancy DIY'ing as its not something I have done before! However I will have a look to see what its like to do...
What temperature do you run your UFH at?

UFH will probably be better with tile or stone. As they are good convectors of heat.

I have wet UFH with limestone, was going for solid wood, but the potential problems put me off.

I too had a liquid screed.

Think my boiler is set to 47° As the pump won’t operate until 44° I then use the blending Valve to lower, not sure what to, under 40° As a guess.

I tiled my own floor, like you I didn’t want to, but it came up good.

if you do, advice is to use a decoupling membrane, this copes with expansion etc when floor is warm etc.

Sponsored Links
I fitted an Lvt floor last month for SIL.

To me it’s like a laminate floor, but made from some composite something or other. It clipped together, but was a struggle (her floors are not great) and time consuming.

I think click LVT still needs a very flat floor.. Otherwise the joins end up moving and cracking / creaking?

I have fitted some stick down Karndean to my front porch, however I'm not confident to do such a large area.

The karndean looselay looks good as planks can be swapped about if they become damaged! However I could do with finding someone with UFH that has it fitted to confirm it doesn't bulge up / come apart when its heated/cooled.

Tiles do look nice. I'm going to find a shop that stocks them and take a look..

I fitted an Lvt floor last month for SIL.

To me it’s like a laminate floor, but made from some composite something or other. It clipped together, but was a struggle (her floors are not great) and time consuming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back