Recommended pump to drain HW cylinder in attic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a HW cylinder in an attic where there is no drainpipe outlet. In order to remove the existing cylinder I need to drain the contents. Could anyone recommend a decent wet & dry vax ‘type’ pump that would be suitable for this task, please?

Sponsored Links
That's not so easy as where the cylinder is located is the lowest point of the attic. Pumping would be the best option here.

Sponsored Links
Got a feeling this one is going to run and run...

armchair.gif

I actually use a different technique which does not use a water pump but is very effective.

Tony

Sorry for such a long delay in replying but thought I should let you know how I finally drained the cylinder:

I siphoned it!
:D

Sorry for such a long delay in replying but thought I should let you know how I finally drained the cylinder:

I siphoned it!
:D

Amazing!! A panel of high skilled & experienced guys tell you what to do & you question their judgement??!!
Sort of defeats the purpose of posing a question on a forum like this, or is it just me?

Amazing!! A panel of high skilled & experienced guys tell you what to do & you question their judgement??!!
Sort of defeats the purpose of posing a question on a forum like this, or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Well I certainly did not want to give the impression of questioning anyone's judgement. As it turned out the job may have been easier if I had had access to some sort of pump but the siphoning worked well - it drained 80% of the cylinder's contents. I sought advice, I received advice and I acted upon that advice. I appreciated the said advice and thanked all those who contributed.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back