Recommended TRVs, radiators and thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a survey and quote done in a few days time to replace my entire central heating system.

In advance of this, what are the recommended makes of TRVs, radiators and thermostats that the central heating company should be recommending?

I've read lots of recommendations for Drayton TRV4s, Stelrad radiators and Honeywell thermostats. Is this what I should expect to see in the quote?

Sponsored Links
Yes, your choices are all good quality. Unfortunately, many people are thinking short-term, and go for the cheapest quote. Your plumber may well quote for cheaper spec parts in the hope of winning your business. Fitting cheaper parts, especially TRVs is often false economy, unless you don't intend to live there long.

The only thing I would change is the Draytons to a Danfoss Ras-C. Half the price, but just as good, in my opinion.

Good to see that you realise the importance of durable, well deigned equipment. Let your plumber know the sort of spec you want before he quotes, so that he's not wasting his time.

Sponsored Links
Ditto. All good quality. If you want good quality specify to the company beforehand and request details in the estimate of the boiler/controls/rads they will be using. Saves his time and yours in the long run, it will be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back