Radiator TRVs with remote temperature sensor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we recently moved to a new house. The dining room has 3 very short and very long radiators, they're in a deep recess alongside one wall and is covered a by wood radiator cover. They have a Drayton TRV4 each already, with a stiff wire coming out of each of them. The thermostats are quite old, but I know the TRV4s are very good.

However, they don't work very well, as the radiators heat up the recess and the thermostats then close even though the room is still freezing.

I've been looking for a simple system where the temperature sensor can be outside the recess or on the wall opposite the radiators and it can control the valves directly. All "smart TRVs" with an external control box that I could find all have the temperature sensors still within the TRVs. So the control box would show the temperature from the TRVs and not the actual room temperature which doesn't help this problem.

Is there a system that can do what I'm thinking - a traditional mechanical system would be preferred over a smart system but if a smart system is the only solution then that's fine.

Andy advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Drayton do a head with a remote sensor, connected by a capillary tube to the valve. The maximum length of capillary is (from memory) about 2 metres. Would this enable you to site the sensing heads outside the recess?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back