Wi-Fi TRV with remote thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a smart TRV which can be linked to a remote wi-fi room thermostat for temperature control rather than using a sensor in the TRV head? I've seen loads of 'smart' TRVs but as far as I can see they all sense the temperature at the head, presumably giving the same limitations as a not smart TRV.
I know you can get TRVs with mechanical link to a sensor but they look a bit ugly.

Sponsored Links
Honeywell evohome, Drayton Wiser, Tado, all do smart heating including thermostats and trv heads.

Thanks for the reply, I looked at the Evohome for example and it looks to me as though the TRVs are sensing the room temperature, although perhaps I'm wrong. I'm looking for a TRV that can be controlled by a separate thermostat away from the TRV.

So what about standard TRV’s that sense the area around them and using a Nest or Hive?

Sponsored Links
I've always thought the main flaw with any TRVs is that they sense the air temperature right beside the radiator. If the thermostat was elsewhere in the room and was able to control the radiator valve remotely I would have thought it would work better. Especially in larger rooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back