Recommended WC Brands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Quick one, please can anyone recommend some decent brand/make toilets, looking for midrange, want something that will last.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any advice would be appreciated, just any brands that are decent and reliable?

Thanks

I like Twyford
(now owned by Geberit so some items are being rebranded)

p.s.
don't buy a square bog unless you've got a square arse.

fashionable and novel shapes require specially made seats, which may be unavailable or very expensive when you need a replacement. Standard shapes are in any high street.

Do NOT wall up the cistern and tile over it unless you like breaking open walls when repairs are needed

Geberit dont seem to do a stardard loos, will keep looking thanks

Sponsored Links
what do you want it to look like?

some of the WC on this page (there are many more) look standard to me.

example
1656508920909.png

do you want the soil pipe to emerge horizontally out the back? or go down through the floor?

Last edited:
looks OK

lots of people complain they can't get the cistern lid off, when there is a central button. Get a salesman to show you in the shop before buying. By the time you need to do it, you and your family will have forgotten how

(on the Twyford you undo the round metal collar with your fingertips. It does not need to be screwed down tight)

Buy one where the seat mounting arrangement is well engineered, so that it doesn't slide about when/if the mounts are loose. Also, if you see one in a showroom, make sure all the rubber pads under the seat that meet the porcelain all contact the porcelain together. We had one where the two pads nearest the hinge were about 4mm shy of the porcelain and the MDF seat eventually cracked due to stress. I know I wouldn’t have believed it either…

if you’re looking for a standard toilet .
I just fitted a rimless winam toilet from b&q for someone.
highly recommended. looks classy for the cost. nice quality soft close and the flush valve isn’t the usual rubbish. excellent quality for price.

Essential Lily or Jasmin (whichever is the toilet) is pretty decent.

The Essential brand is made by Ideal Standard I believe but a bit less costly.

Yeah that one. No complaints, solid toilet.

Usual caveats of making sure it fits your application etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back