reconnecting outside taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as part of an ongoing kitchen renewal contract for a council we come across some houses fitted with outside taps and none have double check valves, we are instructed to reconnect them when we alter the plumbing to the new sink, but do we need to fit double check valves as we are "fitting" the tap today, or are we working on existing and can simply repipe into the existing pipe, like gas work i say if we reconnect it has to be done to todays regs and needs a check valve, Clerk of Works wont issue works order for the check valve, my arguement is they should have one which we could connect on to what do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Ask your local building control, and get the answer in writing.

Sponsored Links
The regs state that double check valves have to be fitted on all new and on all existing works which are being modified, i had this same problem on an mod job, the contractor wanted me to fit the taps with no dcv, i just did`nt connect them :)

cheers for the assistance, i will speak to our contract manager to see if he can check the bill of quantities to see if we can get an extra payment, if not then too bad, i will order them via stores and keep myself right,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back