Recovering a terrible polyurethane coving join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any advice welcome please...

I decided to try put up "Supercove" (paper covered polyurethane) coving. Unfortunately on a long wall I needed a scarf joint, and either the walls/ceiling are not flat (they were recently plastered), or, most likely, I have the wall/ceiling alignment wrong (or both)

Anyway I'm not sure what to do now. I don't think I can sand this down as it is paper covered and I imagine it will start peeling off. I could dump filler on it and hope for some vaguely nice shape after sanding, but as it juts out a few mm I think it'll still look terrible.

Removing it seems the likely option, but I don't know how to get it off cleanly without damaging our new plaster. The adhesive is Supercoves own "glue" and it has been up between 24/48 hours.

Thanks!

bottom.jpg side.jpg

Sponsored Links
A scarf joint is wrong - you need a butt joint - something I learned on my first coving job;) You might get away with a new section and 2 butt joints - worth a try ?

I would use a lightweight filler such as Toupret RedLite or RedDevil OneTime. Sand with 180 grit silicone carbide paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back