Recurring Problem with radaitors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a look around the other threads but i'm still struggling.
I have two radiators in the conservatory that on occassion get very hot and quite often are stone cold. All other radiators are fine. I've tried the bleeding and balancing and taken them off an flushed them out. usualy they then get hot, but subsequently go cold (or just barely warm).
Pipes leading into the rads are hot (always are).
TRV's on rads which I've removed and pins are ok
Ive taken the rads off and flushed them, when you open the valves the water runs cold then very hot.
The conservatory is the lowest part of the house (may be significant)
I've run out of ideas......... Any help out there?

Sponsored Links
Are there TRV's on the other rads in the house.If so then possibly when the house rads shut down the conservatory rads work and vice versa?Just a thought. Come back.

If I shut down all the rads in the house I can get them to heat up (but not as quickly as I would expect) but they don't stay hot.

All other rads in the house are hot, with the exception of the lounge rads which occasionaly (and it is occasionaly) seem to go off when all other rads are on. But these seem to burst into life quite quickly (and randomly)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back