radaitors not all equally hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone.
i stupidly put a nail thru one of the central heating pipes, so had to switch off mains water, drain heating system and repair pipe. i then turned mains water back on and attempted to turn on heating and hot water. this did not work, but thanks to this site, i tried bleeding the pump and that kick-started both the heating and the hot water.

my problem now is, not all the radiators are equally hot. initially, some were even stone cold! i've read the FAQs and have tried bleeding all the radiators and switching off the hot ones to force hot water thru to cold ones, but does anyone have any other ideas as to why they're not all as hot as each other and what i could try to fix this?

Sponsored Links
It can take days for bubbles to settle out and flows stabilise. Draining often makes sludge accumulate and stop some rads working. If things don't improve (try rebalancing first), you'll need a flush.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back