Radiators are cold and hot water is available

Sponsored Links
im not to sure on that valve if you can split them, top from the bottom so you can check the spindle.

as you say if you have no movement on laver at all then it seems to be seized in hw only so you won't get heating.

Hi there

We have now located the lever.The lever first seemed to have no tension and was moving freely. there are 2 positions marked one is Man and another one Open.
Also there are 2 positions marked for the indicator A and B . The label says A is for Radiators and B is for Cylinder. But when the lever is free moving and we set it to Open ,nothing happens.After a few hours it automatically moves to MAN and the indicator shows position A. When the position is A the boiler is not running. Again if we move the lever from MAN to open there is a good tension it moves the indicator attached to a speing from A to B. Immediately the water flows thru the pump the boiler is fired and the radiators are heated..

So when lever is Free moving and the indicator position is A then nothign happens. When the indicator is in position B , the lever has full tension and the boiler fires up whenever the CH is on.

Do we need to now manually go and set this everytime or change the motorised valve..or what would you suggest.?

Sponsored Links
right now your saying if you put the heating on and the wall stat up nothing happens and the indicator points to A.
then if you push the lever across so indicator is on B then it fires up.

if this is the case the motor in the top of the actuator is faulty.

Is it possible to change just the motor or the actuator itself without the help of a professional
or if we leave it as it is what would go wrong..changing it manually to?B everytime

you can use it like that just a pain keep moving it.

not had much to do with the Landis & Gyr 3 way valve MAV-322
only ever use honeywell etc so not sure as the honeywells etc are interchangable.

I ahve checked on the internet that the Landis & Gyr MAV-322 is replaceable with siemens 322. But is this something that we can do ourselves..keep in mind we have never done anything in plumbing other than fitting a drain for a dishwasher from an existing drain line.

Hello Seco

I have a problem now. Last 3 days we have been manually opening the valve,using the lever. The lever stayed in open mode and the boiler running and radiators were heating up as long as we wanted it to be on.
But now the lever seems to be coming backa utomatically after a few minutes of switching on. The boiler fires and the radiators get warmed up(only very slightly) then the boiler is switched off and the valve is automatically closed. Again we have to set it to open to get the heating.. Is this an indication that the valve is gone and we need to change it or something...

not sure thought i could go on till we get some good bank holiday to change it and manage the flood... ;- ))

Not sure can we change it ourselves or do we nee dto shut down the system before we can tackle it?

I have never delt with any plumbing myself.Is it obvious to change the motor..can we get any step by step instructions to change it.Do we need to shut down the system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back