Freezing cold attic radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Had some work done to our old boiler and the whole heating system was drained out and re-filled.

Now all our radiators are hot except for the one in the attic. This is also where the hot water cylinder and pump are with the little water tank above.

I have done some reading on here and have tried to bleed it. Water comes out of it OK. Radiator is still cold as are both the pipes that supply it on either side.

Is there anything i can do to get this radiator hot again...

Sponsored Links
balance the system and make sure you do not have a "manual" bypass if you have zone valves and NO bypass with a 3-port

balance the system and make sure you do not have a "manual" bypass if you have zone valves and NO bypass with a 3-port

How will i know about a bypass??

Someone has also suggested turning off all my other radiators to push any airlock out of the attic one and then to 'balance'. Would that be something to do.

Sponsored Links
How will i know about a bypass??

Turn boiler off. let sysem cool down. close all rads. select heating only. feel flow pipe from boiler. if it gets warm, follow the heat and you should find the bypass

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back