Bathroom radiators are cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an open pumped system running off a gas combi boiler, with a hot water tank in the airing cupboard and cold water tank plus expansion tank in the loft. When i have hot water on all my radiators are cold with the exception of the bathroom radiators (family and ensuite) that are hot, and the water is hot. When the heating is on but the water is off all the radiators are hot except the bathroom radiators that are cold. The only way i seem to be able to get the bathroom radiators hot when the heating is on is to have the heating and water on. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
yes
1 you dont have a combi
2the system was at one time solid fuel and the bathroom rad was used as a heat leak to prevent the hot water boiling :D
3 read the post at the top :rolleyes:

OK, i think i understand what you are driving at, i have a Halstead Best 80 wall mounted fan assisted double balanced flue boiler (i take your advice that it is not a combi). I don't know when the problem started, i only bought the house two months ago. I would like to have my bathroom radiators come on when the central heating is on and not have to have the heating plus water on to get them hot. The boiler could well have previously been solid fuel the house was built in the early 70's and the heating products (excpt the rads) look fairly recent (5-10 yrs i would guess). I would like your advice as to what i should do to make my bath room rads work with the rest of the house.

Sponsored Links
the rads in question will be piped to the gravity curcit or the hot water if fully pumped

only way to do it is to change the pipework round :D

if your not sure how ask a plumber to quote you are in possession of all relavent info :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back