Red Brick Window Sills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have red brick tiles for window sills, every two years we sand them down and repaint creosote them.
This year we are doing up some rooms and have decided to sand down the skirting boards, so we thought we might buy a power sander and I have joined here hoping someone could recommend one that does both. Amazon didnt seem to have any :(
If there is not one that does both, then I would welcome any recommendations for one that does each, thankyou in advance.

Rod :)

Sponsored Links
lol have I said something stupid? Have I not explained very well? Sorry, lol. Or is there no such thing? :D
This is a picture of my window sills if that helps ;
217000_216804_75127_81963013_thumb.jpg

oops yup :)
Whatever its called it does protect from the rain but after about 2 years it needs sanding off, before you can put a new coat on and its a pain, lol.

Sponsored Links
Just having a wild guess here but what about a clear varnish over the top?

As for sanders there's not much in them, A palm sander is probably your best bet

Thanks Gaz :)

Im happy to keep painting with this paint, as it has protected the tiles for 20years+ and some of the houses around us havent had the same luck.
I meant to go and check what it actually says on the tin, the creosant is for our fences lol

I had a look at the Palm Sanders on a few online shops, but again they are all showing it being used on wood surfaces and nothing else.

Ive contacted B&Decker too, so hopefully something can be suggested.
just a bit house proud, inside and out, but arthiritis is getting the better of both of us, lol.

thanks again :)

It wouldn't matter what its used on that would just wear the sand paper out at different rates.

If you want it to last get one with a dust proof on/off switch, Ive had a few that got clogged up and I had to remove and bypass the switch but I do really abuse them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back