Red Sleeving

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
OK - all I can see in the photo is a switched live, a neutral, and something ending in a choc-block.

If the latter is the live loop then what's the point of it being there if there's no neutral loop?

If the permanent live to the switch is also in it (i.e. if there are two conductors) then why is it poking out of the ceiling? It doesn't need to be.

Or are there 3 conductors in it, if the loop carries on? But again why have it poking out of the ceiling?

I'm just trying to work out what's going on, as what I can see makes insufficient sense.

Sorry BAS but makes perfect sense to me. If its the last light on the loop then you'll have LNE in and a switchline T&E. N in goes straight to the fitting, L in goes to the choc block and connected to one leg of the switch cable. L from the switch goes straight to the fitting and all earths joined together which do indeed look like they may be stuffed up into the ceiling. If its the last light on the circuit then there wont be a neutral loop, as for why the choc block is poking out of the ceiling then thats down to whoever changed.wired the fitting originally, i never stuff the loop in the ceiling unless im stuck for space in the fitting, i guess its just personal preference.

Hope thats cleared it up for ya ;)

Sponsored Links
Whats that bit of green and yellow up in the hole?

That bit of green and yellow up in the hole needs to be brought through and connected to the mounting plate. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back