Redirecting the soil pipe of downstairs flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have in my kitchen the soil pipe from the flat downstairs that goes all the way to the roof and ends outside of the building. I found some flat ducting pipes (225 x 25mm) that I could run along my kitchen wall very discreetely (with 90 degree angles). It this a good idea or not?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why change something to something else thats not designed for the job ?
Surely your flat uses the same soil pipe ?

No, each flat has its own soil pipe.
So, if I understand you well, a ducting pipe is not a good alternative.
My concern was purely aesthetic and I was wondering if there were other options than such protruding boxing in the middle of one of my kitchen walls. Do you have something to recommend? Thanks

I'm talking about the unwetted part of that soil pipe :)

Sponsored Links
I doubt you'd be able to achieve an air tight seal where the duct would join the existing soil pipe, or a good seal with the joints in the flat duct. Failure to do so will not only stink your flat out but also fail to comply with building regs, and possibly render the building as uninhabitable in the eyes of the Environmental Health department...... :eek:

I understand thanks. I think I'll try to move it to the corner of the room (1.05 meter away from where it is now).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back