Redring 650 Slimline - power off button not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered if anyone could help me?

My Redring slimline 650 shower (9.5kw) will no longer turn off at the unit. All of the other buttons are fine it just won't turn off. We have to turn off the shower using the separate power cord.

Does anyone know which part I might need to replace? Would this be possible to do myself or would I need an electrician?

Many thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
Edited

Have a look here redring-slimline-620-9-5kw-53556201-shower-spares See the Q&A's on the website copy below

Q: The shower works perfectly except that it is sometimes difficult to switch the water off using the off button when we have finished using the shower. Occasionally it will work if we keep pressing the button but if that doesn't work we have to switch off the main power supply to the shower.

A:
If when you press the off switch the power goes off to the elements and the water goes cold but the shower keeps running then it is more than likely that you have a faulty phased shut down board.

http://www.showerdoc.com/redr-93550835-redring-pcb-93550835

If it won't even turn off the element then suspect it is just the switch (part 11)

Another Edit!
It is quite often just a question of replacing parts like for like. So you may be able to do the work if you have that mechanical aptitude. If you have any doubts at all I would suggest you get an electrician to do it for you.

Please note I went to the wrong model of your shower. You listed the 650 and I pointed you to a 620

Please run through the Q & A's on that website to see if one fits your problem more accurately. A more correct link is below. They do have different links for all white or white and chrome etc. but those are unlikely to change the internals

http://www.showerdoc.com/redring-slimline-650-9-5kw-chrome-53558202-shower-spares

If you get a multiple possible answer then think about what you can actually check. The switch and micro switch should be easy to check out if they are listed as possible failures.

Thank you for your reply.

I can't seem to find a replacement off switch for the 650, I will call Redring tomorrow.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
This showers on/off switch is part of the front covers pcb.
You need the complete pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back