reducing pressure ariston

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know how to reduce the c/h pressure on a arriston euro combi or should i fit a expansion vesel on heating pipes.

having suffered repeated leakages, knocking of pipes and so on i think the pressure may be high and causing leakages from craking joints.
would expansion vesel cure all or is there away to reduce the pressure to the pipes from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
doyle said:
does anyone know how to reduce the c/h pressure on a arriston euro combi or should i fit a expansion vesel on heating pipes.

having suffered repeated leakages, knocking of pipes and so on i think the pressure may be high and causing leakages from craking joints.
would expansion vesel cure all or is there away to reduce the pressure to the pipes from the boiler.

Have you checked the pressure guage on your boiler?

yeah always topping it to 1.5 bar and it still finds yet another way out via washers on rad valves tops(on the turny bit) joints and then screw bits on rad valves where they link to the rad adaptor.
a never ending problem and a never neding chase to stop the weeps.

boiler drains down in around two weeks and leeks are visable and repaired endlessly to the point that nothing can be any tighter rubber seals burst through so all rad valves have been changed.

hence belief that circulating pressure/expansion is a problem not the plumbing

Hi,

Has this combi been fitted to an existing system or was the system fitted at the same time as the bolier? I would rule out excess pressure being the problem as the boiler will automatically discharge over 3 bar anyway and your heating system should be capable of taking this pressure even though as you say your guage is reading 1.5 which is fine. Sound's more to me like poor worksmanship or an old system not up to taking the pressure of a sealed system to me. An expansion vessel will not fix this problem.

Sam

Sponsored Links
new boiler on existing pipework, to cut cost on installation six years ago.

where leakages occured on pipes, they got renewed in that patch and system would then fail again on the rad valves joints and seals.

as i say these have just been renewed and system has drained once again so its now look below the floorbaords for water escape on pipes.
what i dont want for the next six years is chasing the same old leaks around the house replacing pipes that are already replaced but dont mind ripping out the older pipes or re-using them even to cut cost.

The next two "insult each other" posts have been removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back