water pressure - ariston euro combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston euro combi (A/23) boiler. I had an earlier issue with ignition and too high water pressure.I have managed to solve the ignition problem by bleeding the water pump and now have hot water and c/h but the pressure is still too high - almost 4 bar!.Would it be possible for me to drain some of the water out of the system and keep the filling loop closed to reduce the pressure in the system

Sponsored Links
hteng has already responded to this on your earlier post, but here's another one anyway. A 4 bar pressure equates to roughly 60PSI - way, way, waaaaayyy too high. Your pressure releif valve should have operated at 3 bar and dumped most of the water through the safety discharge outlet.

The first thing you MUST do is relieve the pressure, just use a draincock to do this.

Next, either replace the PRV or get someone to do it for you. Your system is definitely dangerous until this safety feature is fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back