reducing pressure in sealed CH system

mwk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a sealed combi system powered by a ravenheat 84ET....

pressure is currently at just under 2.5 bar. For over a year the pressure has been dropping after the system cools....now all of a sudden over the last few months with the system on DHW only during the summer the pressure is at this 2.5 bar level when cold and the CH would raise the pressure close to 3 bar.

Now the CH isn't coming on, DHW is working, but i want to try and reduce the CH pressure down to 1.5 bar or thereabouts. There appears to be no airlocks in any of the rads, when i bleed the ones that have the bleed screws water comes out immediately....i also can't seem to locate a drain valve anywhere......either on any of the CH pipework or connected to any TRV.

All i can see are two drain valves in the downstairs bathroom on the Hot and Cold pipework leading to the bathroom sink.

I assuming i need to drain some pressure from the system to see if the CH can start up but without a drain valve i don't see how i can do it.

There are pressure reelase valves on the pipework of an upstairs rad.
And there's a pressure valve on pipework entering the ravenheat which we use to increase pressure into the system.....my question is if i can drain some pressure how do i go about doing it if i can't find the drain valve, and secondly if i am able to reduce pressure can i use the pressure valve close to the boiler to increase pressure to the system.....i don't see how else the ravenheat could be filled manually.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Drain water by opening a drain valve by the radiator until the pressure reaches 1 bar.

If no drain off, put a roller tray under a rad and loosen the valve slowly to let a bit out at a time. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back