Reducing road noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a leasehold flat and the landlord changed the windows some item ago. I live on a main road and the windows dont appear to be very good sound insulators. They have trickle vents in the acutal glass and not the frame and let through so much noise I sleep with ear plugs!

As its a lease hold property I cant (shouldnt) change the windows but I can fit secondary glazing. Will this be an effective solution or would it be better to change the window units completely?? I know I will also need to line the window reveals with a sound absorbant material if fitting secondary glazing but im concerned that I will have ventilation problems and overheating in the summer months (thankfully the noise is north of the flat so no solar gain in the effected rooms).

What would people suggest?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you need some advice contact Omega on 01769574426. They are not pushy and can supply a range of secondary glazing solutions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back