Refilling a sealed heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new boiler installed. The old one had a pressure gauge which allowed me to see when the system was at the correct pressure after draining it down. The new one doesn't have this.

When refilling it, how should I know that it's at the correct pressure?

Phil

Sponsored Links
New Vaillant?

If it is press the right selection button twice to see the pressure.

In any case the installer should have explained stuff like that to you.

It's a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic Regular. Can't see anything in the manual regarding how to see the pressure.

I've tried to get in touch with the guy that installed it to no avail :/

I don't fit them, so I don't know the answer.
But you should have a set of installation instructions as well as a user manual. Have a butchers in there if no one else comes up with the answer.

Sponsored Links
The cdi regular doesn't have a pressure guage. As it is designed for use on open vented systems. To use it on a sealed system, your installer will have installed an expansion vessel, pressure relief valve, filling link and pressure guage somewhere on the system. They normally come as a kit so will all be in one place.

Have a look for a large expansion vessel. (Usually red and shaped like a rugby ball.) the pressure guage and filling link will be next to it

Thanks. Seems my plumber wasn't quite as knowledgeable as you. No pressure gauge fitted. Had to install one myself - works well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back