Refilling central heating system

Open vent?
I thought you meant the outlet valve where you attach the hose pipe to drain the system. We turned the plug/bit above the valve and this is the bit that water comes out of instead of where the pipe was attached.
I'm now guessing this is not the same place as where you back fill the system?

have no idea how to back fill a system -so am slightly confused as to what to do etc...

Sponsored Links
Open vent?
I thought you meant the outlet valve where you attach the hose pipe to drain the system. We turned the plug/bit above the valve and this is the bit that water comes out of instead of where the pipe was attached.
I'm now guessing this is not the same place as where you back fill the system?

have no idea how to back fill a system -so am slightly confused as to what to do etc...
To back fill you attach a hose pipe to a drain cock, and slowly fill with mains water, if you're carefull it may clear the blockage.

The downside is the system will be unbalanced and pump over giving you further problems (corrosion) so you will need to drain down again to clear the cold feed anyway at some time in the near future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back