refilling microbore radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently decorated a friends room, and took down the radiator on a microbore system, the valve is a two in one type (ie. both in and out at same end of radiator) i closed both inlet and outlet, removed the radiator and reversed the process to reinstall it. to refill it i opened the inlet and the air vent, it hissed air as it refilled but then went quiet yet no water came out at all,
the next day there was neither heating or hot water, upon investigation the boiler had gone out but after relighting the heating worked but still no hot water,
it's definitely not a combi boiler
i think it's a pumped system but not positive, there is a tank with a vent pipe leading to it, below which is what looks to me like an immersion heater type tank, the pipework of which is connected to the heating system pipework before the manifold for the micorbore part,
i'm thinking perhaps the immersion heater (if that is what it is, it's wired and run from a 13amp fuse) is a back up

my question is could the removal and replacement of the radiator be in any way reason for the failure of the hot water, or is it just coincidence?
thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the cold feed to the system may be blocked or the ball valve stuck in the central heating header tank.

HarrogateGas said:
Sounds like the cold feed to the system may be blocked or the ball valve stuck in the central heating header tank.
thanks for that, i'll check the ball valve, if that works ok and the outlet to the cold water feed from inside the tank is clear do you have any suggestions as to what the next step to finding a blockage would be ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back