refurbishing kitchen doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The kitchen cabinet doors are in very bad shape as the vinyl is peeling off them. I noticed that the MDF underneath is in good shape. Is it feasible to spray paint them? I assume it would need to be done with air compressor rather than small cans? Is it feasible?

Sponsored Links
More than feasible , plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it

Air compressor would be best , you can hire one for the day if needed

How many doors are you looking to do?

14 including drawers. Then there is the cornice and pelmet too. I've never used air compressor or spray painted like this which may be an issue. From the videos it looks like using a roller with paint brush can also get a reasonable finish. I haven't yet taken off the vinyl off all the doors so not sure if there are any imperfections but the first one came off very easily.

Sponsored Links
You can get a good finish but you would need to use an oil based paint to avoid brushmarks

With spraying always practice on a scrap bit of wood first , build the paint in thin layers as doing it in one thick coat will get you runs and don't do the classic mistake of sweeping the gun from side to side in an arc always keep the gun at right angles to the piece you are spraying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back