Reglue water-damaged laminated board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to a leak already discussed in the plumbing forum, I now have a tiny bit of laminate lifting at the bottom of my high-gloss WC base cabinet, where the MDF swelled when wet. Now it's not so bad that I couldn't disguise it wth some white filler. But before I settle for that, is there anything that might successfully flatten and stick it back down again? I am awaiting delivery of a suitable clamp, in anticipation :)

Sponsored Links
You could try a hot iron over tissue paper to try and absorb excess moisture, and apply a heavy weight until it's dry, but laminate totally unsuitable for a bathroom etc.

Don't know if I used the right word when I said laminate - it's just that white skin that you get on MDF bathroom furniture, not something I applied myself with contact adhesive.

I see, you could still try my solution, or sand down damage and touch up with enamel paint.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back