Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I've checked out

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/doorswindows/

It states

- Width and Height - Either of these are not to be any less than 450mm
- Clear Openable Area - No less than 0.33m²
- Cill height - No less than 800mm and no more than 1100mm from floor level.

The windows I want will meet all of the above. They are 1200*1200. However the windows will have a bar running horizontally through half way up vertically. I wish them to be top opening. What the regulation on where the which panel opens in terms of escape?

I hope that makes sense

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
You shouldnt have a problem with this, as it says you need an opening of at least 450mm wide for fire escape!! With your window width size of 1200mm and the mullion coming down the middle you 2 openings will be approx 1200 divided by 2 is 600, then minus the thickness of the window profile approx 70mm each side plus 35mm for the mullion.
I estimate your openings to be 495
If the glass line comes within 800mm off finish floor level, toughened glass is required.
Trickle vents are require if it's into new build

The windows I want will meet all of the above. They are 1200*1200. However the windows will have a bar running horizontally through half way up vertically.I wish them to be top opening. What the regulation on where the which panel opens in terms of escape?

Speak with the manufacturer and advise them which windows require fire regs and they'll tell you if its possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back