Reliable DLL Error Fix Software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend some good software, preferably freeware?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can anybody recommend some good software, preferably freeware?

Thanks.

If you have a windows cd or a folder called i386 on the c drive then go to Start>run and type cmd then hit return and in the "dos" window type sfc/scannow and hit return.

System file check will then check the core windows files and replace them if need be.

Thanks guys!

It's actually my father who's suffering this!

I've just e-mailed him & this is what he reports:

Error in C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LCXFtime.dll

and it then says
Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

I shall ask him about the Win CD: I guess that's the OS installation CD?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys!

I've just had this reply back to my query about his printer.

(I did not mention the brand you suspected!)

I'm using a Lexmark Z735 printer, but I don't think that's the problem. I can print off incoming emails and send replies without any problem. It's only when I send an attachment that the gremlin strikes.
Any use?
Thanks for trying!
Dad

It's only when I send an attachment that the gremlin strikes.

Does he mean send the attachment to the printer?

What email client is he using?

How is he trying to print the attachments?

dave

Dave

Thanks for your continued help and the same to the others.

I'll ask him your questions and post back here.

Guys,

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

It looks like the old man is seeking another solution...sorry for wasting your time. Hope your advice is not wasted and that this thread may be of help to others visiting here in the future.

Sim,
In the end I went to PC World and asked what I should do. The bloke there said that the DLL problem was serious and it would be necessary to re-load Windows (re-boot?.. I don't know the terminology) and PCW would do it for about £45. So I think I'll hand my computer to him just before we leave for Jordan. Thanks for worrying, though.
Love,
Dad

Guys,

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

It looks like the old man is seeking another solution...sorry for wasting your time. Hope your advice is not wasted and that this thread may be of help to others visiting here in the future.

Sim,
In the end I went to PC World and asked what I should do. The bloke there said that the DLL problem was serious and it would be necessary to re-load Windows (re-boot?.. I don't know the terminology) and PCW would do it for about £45. So I think I'll hand my computer to him just before we leave for Jordan. Thanks for worrying, though.
Love,
Dad

That's a load of crap from PCW (as usual) and a huge waste of money on what is probably a simple fix.

That's a load of crap from PCW (as usual) and a huge waste of money on what is probably a simple fix.

I have to agree but bear in mind that we are offering written advice for SS to then copy and send onto his dad who, (no offence meant) is not too computer savvy.
Much easier if you have the computer in front of you and you can do the job yourself, but if, in relaying instructions, you either miss out one item of process, or it is missed out in forwarding on, or even if, during an error message with a couple of options, SS's dad clicks the wrong option . . . who knows? A simple fix could becaome something a lot more expensive to sort out.
If dad is happy at £45 then so be it.
Hope he has a nice time in Jordon!
dave

Sponsored Links
Back