Relocating phone socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I currently have a phone extension cable coming down through the ceiling in the corner of our bedroom and terminating in a standard socket. However, I would like it to relocate the socket to the far corner of the next bedroom.

I can unwire the socket in the bedroom and pull the cable up through the ceiling into the loft, but the cable is not long enough to run over the loft boards to a position above the next bedroom.

What is my best move now? Is it to put the original socket in the loft, wire the end of the cable back into it, and simply plug in a phone extension cable from the "loft" socket down into the new bedroom, or should I buy some 2/3/4-core cable and connect the two phone cables together to create a single, long cable (and if so, how)?

Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Either will do. You should use telephone cable to extend the original - 2-pair (four core) will be fine.

Why don't you go to your local diy shed and buy an telephone extension kit with cable, socket, IDC tool and a set of instructions. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back