Remodelling Kitchen & Non-Integrated Appliance Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I'm going to be changing our kitchen doors and drawers for something more modern and have a range of non-integrated appliances which ideally I'd like to cover up. That's going to be too much of a hassle so thought that instead I'd replace the carcass feet which are normally hidden by the plinth with a nice chrome version which can be on view. Problem with that idea is that I'd have to tile the whole of the kitchen floor.

The side of our kitchen where all the appliances are originally had all integrated except for the tumble dryer which at the time of moving in was only a few months old so we had the kitchen fitter install a deeper than normal worktop. Over the years we've replaced the integrated appliances, namely; dishwasher & washing machine with non-integrated versions for money reasons.

The washing machine and tumble dryer are next to each other and in order to fit them I had to remove the carcass side (where the doors would normally close on to) and also the door which used to cover the tumble dryer.

The tumble dryer is now almost 14 years old (surprised its lasted this long to be honest) and will need to be replaced I'm sure shortly and I was thinking that integrated versions aren't that expensive on eBay (about £200 - £250), but that would still leave my almost brand new washing machine and 8 year old dishwasher as non-integrated.

If I go down the chrome feet option the only ones that would be visible on the side of the kitchen where the appliances are is my double oven tall floor unit.

Sorry for rambling on but hope that you understand my predicament as to what to do for the best.

Has anyone had the same issue before or can offer some helpful advice?

TIA
Daz.

Sponsored Links
As you say your question is a little rambling and I will admit to not fully understanding the "problem". Any chance that you could post some pictures that may make things clearer?

In a nut shell. How can I hide non-integrated appliances or should I simply not have plinths and use chrome carcass legs?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, makes no sense, free standing aplliances sit on the floor so no room for plinths or legs? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Ultimately you will have to make the decision as you are the one who has to live with it.
For me I can't see the point of going down the chrome leg route as they surely won't match up with anything else and will as you say expose an untiled floor.
If you can't fabricate false fronts for your appliances then you will have to accecpt that they will be on show.
I'm assuming you appliances are white, so the only real thing that may have an effect is to have white plints.
I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back