Remote locking.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Has anyone any experience of these aftermarket remote locking devices?

Mine looks like that but has fourteen wires not thirteen and only two-button fobs.

It has worked for the year I have had the vehicle but recently just went dead.
No clicking or noises from any where.
The doors no longer lock or unlock and the indicators don't flash.
Both fobs are the same.

The door locks work as they should with the key or internal locking switch.

There is a button accessible on the side of the module. Could this be a reset or re-pairing device?

1692190967106.png

That sticker is the only marking on it apart from the CE European Conformity mark.

1692191129384.png

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Yes batteries ok.
As both fobs have failed, although only one has been used frequently, I would think it is the unit at fault.

All fuses look alright but I have not yet checked for voltage etc. - bit awkward to get at.

I just wondered if anyone knew for certain what the button was for and if they could have been 'un-paired' for some reason.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'll have a read..

At a quick glance the wire colours look similar and because it is now doing nothing at all would seem to indicate a loss of power -

or unpairing.

Well!

I can only park in the communal car park so it is difficult to have the doors open to work so today I went to park somewhere nice and have a play.

Would you believe it; when I got there down a bumpy track the remote was working - both fobs.

So I presume something has been given a shake and making contact again.

Thanks for help.

1.172km., 10,529, 8.4cm.

That was the total. Of course I don't know how far along the track it actually started working.

It could have been perhaps just the first 7.3 metres.

If it happens again, I will find out and let you know.

Perhaps, as I read you have plenty, in Britain maybe all that is needed is one pot-hole. (y)

If it happens again, I will find out and let you know.

Perhaps, as I read you have plenty, in Britain maybe all that is needed is one pot-hole. (y)
Potholes ? My experience of French roads is that they are generally very good outside towns: inside towns depends on the local council and, sometimes, they can be poor. Grenoble springs to mind, but they have a very high-profile "Green" mayor and council, so that may be a tactic rather than lack of cash.

Auotoroutes are excellent, but hell do you pay for them: 10p to 25p/mile ( related directly to build and maintenance costs )

Sponsored Links
Back