removal of acrylic paints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
i painted my elder daughters wheelchair spoke guards with acrylic paints but she now ants a new design. How can i get the acrylic paint off. The spoke guards are clear plastic underneath the paint and they cost me £50.00 to buy new blank ones. If i can remover the acrylic i can paint them again. i soaked them in soapy water but it didn't do a great deal and i tried to scrape them and ended up with sore wrists!!!!
Heeeeeeelllllllllllp!
lisa :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi graceyb13 /Lisa

have you tried nail polish remover on a cloth ....
hope this helps you an your daughter ;)

Hi, no i haven't, i will have a go tommorow and let you know how it goes, fingers crossed :eek: :D

Sponsored Links
Hi, yeo it worked well although it has hurt my wrists doing it!!!!! At least i can paint them again now. She had them in the english flag for the world cup!! Not sure what i will do gthis time, not that i am artistic, just tight!!! Mind you if i buy patterned wheelchair spoke guards they charge you between £50 -£100 for each one!!!!!!! So if you know a good artist with a heart of gold
:rolleyes: :D ;) :LOL: :p ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

graceyb13 /Lisa

Im glad you got sorted , :)

I knew it would be tough going , but you got it done ...lol

£50 -£100 for each one... shocking... OMFG :(

do you get any help with the disabled charities ...
My late lil sis Jan was in a wheel chair an she accessorized her chair ..Bless her :)

For future reference brake fluid is great at removing acrylic paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back