Removal of Blind - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me please. I am trying to remove a blind so i can paint behind it, but i cannot see how to take it off. The blinds are on a right angled bracket and i cannot access the screw on the bracket into the wall - the blind is in the way. So from the top i have taken a picture - this seems to be the only way to remove it, but it doesn't seem obvious and I don't want to mess it up. Does the round bit need to be 'levered' up?

Please can someone advise me? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Depending on the fitting, it varies a little. There's often a plastic peg on one of the ends, and removing it allow the blind to come out.

Thanks - I will check the ends for a plastic peg, but I've had a good look before and the blinds seem to fixed tight on these brackets - there are 3 of them.

I know what you mean about the plastic pegs - I have some other blinds where these are used. But on this blind, I don't think it's the peg type. I'm sure the key is the removal of these brackets....

Sponsored Links
The little arm to the left is a locking mechanism. All you have to do is put your fingernail under the tab at the front (or something stronger, if needs be), pull it forward and swing it to the right, which will set the blind free.

arm.PNG

Last edited:
Ok great, thank you - and great diagram too! Will give it a whirl tonight.

Cheers for that. Didn't want to force anything unneccessarily.

Yep that worked great. Had to use a metal ruler and a bit of welly to release the arm as the clips were quite stiff as they haven't been moved for years. Clever design those brackets. Cheers again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back