Removal of wall - dip in ceilng

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I recently removed a wall in out kitchen which left a hole in the ceiling and walls. When I plasterboarded the gaps I found that there was a obvious dip in the wall and the ceiling so it looks pants.

I came up with a brilliant idea (ok I thought it was) to use a darby to level the ceiling and walls. In my head this worked, when I offered it up dry the level touched both sides of the dip leaving about 300mm to level up. Stick a layer of muck on and use the darby to level it, flatten it and stick another coat on. It didn't work as it pretty much pulled the plaster off to I flatten it and left it to try again. It didn't seem to dry out that quickly when I started.

I managed to get the walls pretty cock on, not with the darby, just by trowelling and the feathering worked well.

I used multifinish btw.

I fancy buying a sppedskim to see if that would get me a better finish.

Or I may just bite the bullet and get a pro in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
you can do as you describe, use bonding to do the levelling out, fairly wet consitency, use Darby/feather edge/speedskim to level. Then skim with multi/board finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back