removal of water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for boring everyone with my questions tonight. i'm replacing my water tank boiler with a combi.

I was speaking with my dad and he doesn't think they have removed as many pipes as they can.

Basically the water tank is in the bedroom and although the bottom tank has gone (still yet to do top) there still seems to be a lot of pipework in the cupboard. There is even a very visible and prominant water waste pipe x2.

I was hoping to use this cupboard and at some stage even remove the whole cupboard entirely... but looking at the state of it, i don't think this is going to be possible as the pipework comes right out!

If removing the watertank should there still be pipes left? Also what can be done about the waste pipe... why is this running in the bedroom and not in the kitchen? I would have assumed running behind kitchen cabinets in kitchen would have been a more suitable place.

Sponsored Links
Would need pictures really, but you can't expect them to be pulling out kitchen cupboards to re route loads of pipes.

There can be the odd pipe left behind in an airing cupboard depending on a number of things not least there not being space under the floor.

Waste water pipes are not part of the original boiler installation, so removing them wouldn't really be part of a boiler swap unless it was discussed.

Would need pictures really, but you can't expect them to be pulling out kitchen cupboards to re route loads of pipes.

There can be the odd pipe left behind in an airing cupboard depending on a number of things not least there not being space under the floor.

Waste water pipes are not part of the original boiler installation, so removing them wouldn't really be part of a boiler swap unless it was discussed.

This is the cupboard so far. They are back tomorrow so not sure if this is the end product or if more pipes will be removed... View media item 64435

:LOL: :LOL:

That's looking pretty final to me.

Unless you discussed the old pipes prior i would say that they are doing what I would do.

Mind you - I discuss pressure increases and these things as part of the survey.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL:

That's looking pretty final to me.

Unless you discussed the old pipes prior i would say that they are doing what I would do.

Mind you - I discuss pressure increases and these things as part of the survey.

I was under the impression that the cupboard would be cleared as much as possible for the purpose of making it into a cupboard.

Any ideas on how about to convert it without disrupting pipework?

Stud it out and make removable shelves. Take into consideration future servicing space requirements.

Yes that's what I was hoping to avoid. I was under the impression that none of the pipes in there would be working so I could create a more permanent fixture :eek:

PPPPPP.

Perfect
Planning
Prevents
Pis^
Poor
Performance.

Sorry dude.

But you'll be surprised what can be cobbled together in a cupboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back