Remove dry line plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a conservatory on the back of our house i want to remove. Our house has been dry line plastered. (Under the impression dot and dab. Will it be impossible to remove to make good?? Obviously i start this there is no going back... Help/advise please...

Attachments

• DSCF1268.jpg
    DSCF1268.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
If you mean the house wall you want to reinstate then yes it can be restored with a bit of work.

Yes I mean the house wall. Any tips for removing/reinstating wall to how it was...

Sponsored Links
Has the wall been strapped and sheeted or dot and dabbed.
The holes for the frame fixings will be harder to disguise, the chase for the lead apron can be repointed but again will be difficult to blend in.
Dabs can be carefully knocked off and any residue pressure washed off.
There will probably be silicone between the frame and external wall which will be a pita.

Last edited:
Pretty sure been dot and dabbed. Agree about were the lead work has been chased in. Yeah silicon will be a challenge. It's all this or a ext on the same footprint..

It's one of those jobs you wont know the extent of repairs till you start removing it.
Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back