Remove fixed sink and worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Tabor combination unit where the sink and toilet are built into the one unit. Link here for info.

Unfortunately the cistern has now started to leak into the toilet so I want to replace the valve etc.

The problem I've got as that the sink and worktop is all one. There are no screw fixings so it looks like the fitters have secured the sink /worktop to the unit with silicon. The unit is butted to the rear and left walls so I can't remove the silicon here and the toilet and sink units apart to be seperate units so I can't reach into the toilet section. I've cut away all the silicon that I can access but still can't remove the sink top.

Had anyone experienced this before? I can't afford to damage the unit and replace it but surely there must be a way to access the cistern!! Help!!

Thank you in advance!!

Sponsored Links
The unit is butted to the rear and left walls so I can't remove the silicon here

A fine toothed saw between the tiles and the worktop may help but if they have been over eager with the silicone it won't be easy. No silicone available in the good old days though.....

Photos.
Hacksaw blade or bread knife. Or kebab skewer with a cheese wire or guitar string threaded through.

Sponsored Links
A fine toothed saw between the tiles and the worktop may help but if they have been over eager with the silicone it won't be easy. No silicone available in the good old days though.....
Thanks for the advice on the saw blade, I'll try cutting the clip from a junior hacksaw blade and CAREFULLY(!!!) run that asking the gap. I've managed to get the silicon from back of the unit and the wall but struggling to access the silicon bead that Is between the sink top and the wooden unit / frame. I just think it'll have to be just brute force and hoping!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back