Remove internal door frame & lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm fitting a new kitchen and looking for some advice removing a corner part of what was 2 rooms some time ago. The house was a bungalow, then extended upstairs with a new roof and 2 bedrooms up with new pitched roof before I bought it.

The picture shows the joists in red running across the room and the frames I want to remove in yellow, a new frame will be set slightly behind the old one to square the room off leaving one door instead of 2. The existing doors have Expamet lintels and breeze block above them, there's no structural wall above them in the extended roof and I can get my arm all the way above the doors through the holes in the ceiling. The vertical highlighted corner is a 3x3 timber supporting the corner point of the lintels. I want to remove the lintels, breeze blocks and timber and am convinced it's not going to collapse the floor above but just wanting a professional opinion before I jump in.

Any advice much appreciated!

Attachments

• door.png
    door.png
    899.8 KB · Views: 95
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back