remove mcalpine shallow shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, i am tidying up my bathroom and the old mcalpine shallow waste outlet is past its best the chrome has come off the plastic as outlined in the photograph, any suggestion on how to get this old was off without having a major headache on my hands,
shower waste 1.JPG
shower waste.JPG
shower waste.JPG

Sponsored Links
some of the shiny coating has lifted and disappeared,just purchase the same mcalpine product and exchange the top section from above.

10 minute job :D

Hi, i wish it were that simple, I suspect that over the years it has become quite solid, i installed it and recall using the internal piece to tighten the threads, undoing is another matter, what i expect will happen is that the plastic will break on the tool that you use to undo it, but i thank you for your replies

Sponsored Links
Can't remember Hot & Cold, it was quite some time ago, ive ordered a tool off e bay, i will give it a try and put some wellie on it, if the tool breaks i have not lost nothing, the only other way i can think of is to use a multi tool and put a series of cuts into the plastic but i will have to be really careful,

Jim that is a brilliant suggestion, and low and behold it works a treat, i am obliged to you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back