1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen Waste Arrangment McAlpine To Waste Disposer

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by *Dan*, 15 Oct 2021.

1. *Dan*

*Dan*

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am in the process of finishing off the install of a food waste disposer but scratching my head as to how I am going to connect the waste pipes up to the arrangement in the photo below. I currently have a Mcalpine setup on the main bowl and trying to integrate this into the original setup, making use of the old outlet for the smaller sink for the waste disposer.

I am not sure how I will be able to connect up the waste to the arrangement I already have with McAlpine connectors (see first photo).

The waste connector on the disposer fits a 40mm outer diameter mcalpine pipe perfectly as a compression fit. I have a few McAlpine Adapters lying around (one it already on the waste outlet in the pic below) but not helping me connect them up!

Is there a special connector/converter I need so I can join them together?

thanks

IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0453.JPG IMG_0456.JPG

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The waste disposal outlet seems lower than what you’re trying to connect onto. You may have to put a tee in where the compression elbow is.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. *Dan*

*Dan*

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes I will have to lower the whole section which is not an issue in order to get the correct fall from the disposer.

5. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry, just re-looked and the main trap is adjustable, so lower that, cut the piece (if necessary) going to the trap, and then either a piece of waste pipe to join, or a universal coupling and waste pipe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. *Dan*

*Dan*

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes luckily it’s all adjustable so should be able to get a decent fall on it.

I’m not sure how I would attach a waste pipe to the Mcalpine pipe with just an o-ring on it. Not sure if you need a Mcalpine converter of some sort

7. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Which one?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. *Dan*

*Dan*

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    first pic the left arrow is pointing at it

9. Sponsored Links