New Kitchen Sink Wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have two new sinks to plumb the wastes from. Am i best having a P-trap under each one, or running them both into one? If so with what arrangement of the tee?
I have McAlpine wastes (plug holes) already.

I am planning on doing it all in 40mm solvent weld pipe and drilling a new hole in the wall to suit the required pipe level. Am i right in thinking that all traps use compression seals to connect to the waste pipe?
I seem to remember also that the 40mm pipe comes in two sizes for solvent weld and push-fit/compression? this would seem to make it necessary to use only compression fittings.
All advice gratefully received!
thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd go for separate traps for each sink.
These will accept solvent weld pipes (as well as pushfit) due to their universal compression fittings. So if you go for solvent weld pipe and related fittings, this will be fine for the whole operation.

thanks, what is the best way of preventing vacuum from the flow from one pipe siphoning the water out of the other trap?
i want to avoid bottle traps if possible. if i add air admittance valves, how high up should they be?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back