Remove pipe from wash house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after a bit of advice, I'm currently doing work in my wash house to make it into a dining room, however in the middle of the floor I've got a live water feed coming from the concrete with its own stop cock (independent from the main houses supply)

Any suggestions in combating this pipe? Is it a waterboard job? Or a can of pipe freeze and isolate it below ground level? Not sure how accessible the outside stop cock is (in the roadside) I recall last time I looked it has been backfilled after the Council replaced some paving stones. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Ideally you need to trace the supply back to live pipework and cap off as close as possible (to prevent creating a deadleg)

Could you reroute the pipe under the floor to an external wall to feed an outside tap? Otherwise as Newboy says, you will need to trace it back to the tee where it joins the supply pipe and cap it there, deadlegs can cause issues with bacteria build up in the stagnant section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back