HELP my house has 2 water supply pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all in the process of hacking up my old garage concrete floor and buried in the concrete is or was a length of water pipe lead or steel and a stop cock when I removed the concrete it sheared the pipe and pressurised water came out
as I temp I just flattened the pipe to stop the flow now what do I do I need to dig deeper to blank it off its 300mm inside our property and 1000mm from what we thought was the only stop cock the water boards stop cock for our property 1000mm outside our property
also would it be easier or safer to renew the main feed to the house as it will be concreted under the need garage floor

Sponsored Links
Might be a old supply to a outside toilet? Or possible a old supply to house, do you have newer supply before?

You can renew water supply pipe if you can :) better than finding the tee piece and capping off, capping off may not be perfect and may leak unnoticed.

Daniel.

am i allowed to renew the mains water pipe or does the water authority have to do it
I assume the MDPE blue pipe would be suitable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back