Help!!! Sound of water in cavity on the end of the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Got a major problem, when i put my ear to the side of the house i can hear trickling water from inside the wall cavity. There are no pipes in the wall .

The house stop cock is in the garage floor when it is turned off I can still here the water. I have listened at the stop cock and you can here water flowing. With the stop cock off there is no flow from the taps.

I then went into my drive and turned that stop cock off. the noise stopped in the house wall.

Therefore I believe there must be a leak from the drive stop cock to the garage stop cock.

What do I do? How much will it cost? Who do I contact/claim from?

I need your help and advice, please guys.

Sponsored Links
The water suppliers responsibility ends at your boundry,so its your responsibility to find and fix it.Unless its a new house, or you have had a new garage built,then you will need to get a man in.

Are you sure its not an overflow pipe from something in the loft which is overflowing into the wall cavity????

Tony

No Tony

There are no tanks or pipes running into the loft in the extension where the leak is.

As I said when i turned the stop cock off in the road the water noise stopped. But when I just used the house stop cock which is in the garage floor the water noise continued.

Sponsored Links
In that case its just a matter of locating the leak!

You will probably get prettty close using a mechanical stethescope.

Tony

can you see wet bricks yet?

It might be interesting to drill a hole in the wall (outside) just above the dpc and see if any comes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back