Water not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned my water off at the stop cock before going away for a few weeks and have got back and turned the stop cock on but the water is not flowing, can anyone hel, i live on the third floor of an apartment block

Sponsored Links
I am sorry but whilst I would to have an excuse to visit the Balti Mile, I am really to far away to help.

One of my ex trainees lives in Manch now.

I am sorry but whilst I would to have an excuse to visit the Balti Mile, I am really to far away to help.

Well that was another one of your useful reply Tony. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I turned the stop cock on but the water is not flowing.....

Probably the jumper in the stopcock has become stuck to the valve seat. You need someone to isolate or freeze the water supply upstream of the stop-cock and then dismantle the stop cock and replace the washer. It's not something that can be fixed by internet advice.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the stopcock needs replacing, you have to turn the water supply to the whole building off for that.
Wouldn't try to diy that if I were you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back