Removing a Baxi Back Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, i was looking for a little advice and hoping someone out there could give me some help.

I recently had a new Combi boiler system installed and would like to remove the old Baxi back boiler and coal effect fire and was just wondering how easy it was?

Thanks folks, any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
IF all the pipes are disconnected, including the gas, and the electrics isolated, then it is just a pile of scrap and stuff. It is therefore straighgtforward, but sometimes messy to remove.

More often than not the water pipes, while disconnected from the system, are still attached to the boiler, and will therefore be a bit more of a challenge to the unexperienced, but it is just effort required.

BUT, why didn't they remove boiler at the time. I'm wondering if they left the fire connected, for you to use independantly? If that is the case, then youi need an RGI.

PROPERLY?
Well it was British Gas that installed my new system
Thousands of people who paid BG to install their boiler, had the work done by a contractor. In case of problems, it will be easy for BG to say: "Oh, we haven't known about this, what a naughty subcontractor"

and assured my wife that our old system was fully disconnected.
Let me polish my crystal ball.
Nope, don't see anything about that assurance being in writing. Is the ball failing or was that assurance only verbal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back