Removing a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am attempting to remove a radiator. The house is a new build and the pipes feeding the radiator are located centrally, behind the radiator. Two Plastic pipes then go from the wall, outwards and into the radiator.

To remove the radiator, do I need to clamp the plastic pipe remove the radiator and then block the pipes more permanently?

And what sorts of pressure is in a central heating system? (I come from the tropics and all this central heating mess around is totally new to me)

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
Thanks Breezer, the small thing is though, that my request for information is NOT for an old system with valves on each side of the radiator, like in the Help section. Plastic pipes and no valves are my problem. Got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I shall try to get some sort of pic. and let you know. I appreciate the help. Probably just the developer trying to save cash and doing a half job

unless its microbore and the valves are at the main manifold (big pipe near the boiler with losts of little pipes comin off of it)

I best get my self home and check the thing out. All that I can see is what looks like an electrical socket behind the radiator. Instead of wires, there are two plastic pipes leading out to the radiator inlet/outlet. No valves, only normal plastic fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back