Removing and replacing lounge window same day for couches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having moved into our first home we realise there is no chance of our couches fitting through the front door and into the lounge. The alternative is taking out the lounge window, delivering in, and replacing the window. While the building is old the windows are about 2 years old and double glazed.

My other half got quoted £600 to do it today from the people who installed the windows. Seems a lot of money. Has anyone got an idea of what costs should be and how easy it is to get someone out to take out and replace same day? How much work is involved

thanks,
Haggis

Sponsored Links
haggisinlondon said:
:eek:

All PVCu windows are virtually the same. Try getting a quote from a window doctor/repairer kind of person as opposed to the company who installed it. :)

Its fairly easy if the windows are not fitted with foam tape, still do-able just a pain, if you in or near SW London (weekdays) or East London (weekends) I can do it for you, drop by in the morning and take them out, come back later when you call me and refit, £150.

I'm assuming that its a flat window not a bay :confused:

A description of the windows would help.
I had to just the same in my house but it was a large flat pane about 6ft X 4ft we had it out in about 10mins.
Or are you talking about a multi panel bay?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay in getting back, just returned from up north.

The window is a fairly new double glazed window, the top half opening and bottom half sealed double glazed window. full length is 60 inches. I guess its one piece of PVC with two sections to it. Definately not a Bay window. I have taken a look and can see the screws holding the parts in place. I am assuming these can be removed and the inner window frames taken out the main frame?

Brickie I am in SW16 and potentially the couches are coming next week tuesday, or Wednesday?

thanks,
Haggis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back