removing bedroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to remove a sink in one of our bedroom. What can I do with the pipe work?
Can I just cut the hot and cold water pipes under the floorboards and use a stop end to stop the water supply?

cheers for any advise.

Sponsored Links
Hi 101.

Yes, you can cut below floorboard and cap off.
Try and find where the supply come from for the sink and cap off near tee where it suppied the sink. This is to prevent water stagnant in the pipes leading to sink. Check that that pipes does not suppied other outlet.

Dan.

Hi 101.

Try and find where the supply come from for the sink and cap off near tee where it suppied the sink. This is to prevent water stagnant in the pipes leading to sink. Check that that pipes does not suppied other outlet.

Dan.

also to add to stardannys advise, use soldered joints if its under floorboards, as compression or pushfit joints are not recommended in these areas.

Hi 101.

Dan.

also to add to stardannys advise, use soldered joints if its under floorboards, as compression or pushfit joints are not recommended in these areas.

Why wouldn't you use compression or pushfit under the floor?
It's not gas.

Sponsored Links
Its advise I was given by the gas safe guy i'm working with. Theres less risk of the joint leaking over time as its a soldered joint. Also any potential leaks from a compression fitting under the floors could be costly as the leak may not be immediately noticeable. So better to stay on the safe side for gas AND water by always using soldered in hidden areas. Its a preference which I will be adopting.

• Thanks
Reactions: 101
Thanks for all your advise.

The bedroom sink is back to back to the bathroom sink, so I know where the tee is. I haven't done soldering for long time... but I will try to do it.
Thank you,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back