Removing ceramic floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First project for the New Year is a kitchen makeover, this will entail removal of the existing ceramic floor tiles and replacing them with new ceramics.

So, the question is what is the best/easiest way to remove the old tiles? do I hire a fancy machine from the hire shop or do I rely on the club hammer and bolster?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
bolster and hammer..

you have to get the tiles up anyway so might as well use that for the adhesive left down too..

do you absolutely need to pull up the old?
can't you just lino over the top, or self adhesive vinyl tiles?

SDS chisel drill with the drill action turned off will make light work of it especially if the tiles are well stuck down.

Well worth the expense IMHO and I wish I had bought one sooner!

santa_smiley.gif

Thanks for the replies,

Col Jack, replacement has to be new ceramic tiles and cannot tile over the old surface as the level will be too high.

Bahco, interesting suggestion - looks like an excuse to buy a new toy! any suggestions as to which one to buy?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back